Consulting editor(s): Barbara R Hauser
Publication date: Jun 2019
Prepared in association with STEP, the world’s leading organisation for private wealth professionals, this new edition of Family Offices features updated chapters from key players in the field including JPMorgan, Sandaire, Pitcairn, Penningtons Manches, Withers and Farrer & Co.
This practical guide steers readers through the family office model, from its inception to the final stage in its “life cycle”, and covers:
- Establishing a family office and choosing the right jurisdiction
- Recruiting and managing staff
- The pros and cons of a “virtual” office
- Evaluating a multi-family office
- Millennials’ interest in investments
- Reputation protection
- Using social media, total risk analysis and tools
- Communication and cultural issues
- Governance, crisis planning and long-term resilience
The second part of the book explores the increasing number of important jurisdictions and features chapters on Australia, Bermuda, Canada, the Gulf region, Hong Kong, India, Israel, the Netherlands, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Whether you are a professional practising in the family office sphere, a family member or a new entrant to this diverse and challenging arena, this comprehensive publication provides essential insight into all aspects of the family office world.