Consulting editor(s): Graham Lane, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
Publication date: Feb 2019
This third edition is timely as Europe is on the brink of implementing the Preventive Restructuring Directive in national legislations. In new or renewed legislation, the key word is rescue of viable business. The third edition of the book provides useful practical tools to maximise value in restructuring situations.
A decade on from the global economic crisis, the time is ripe for restructuring professionals to take stock. The worldwide economy has recovered but remains subject to volatility; at the same time, market players have amassed unprecedented amounts of ‘dry powder’ capital available to deploy in distressed situations. As we come to terms with the full implications of Brexit and other macro-economic factors, the restructuring market continues to innovate and adapt, frequently finding legal and practical solutions for the most complex cross-border situations.
This third edition of Restructuring and Workouts: Strategies for Maximising Value provides an essential resource, providing legal and practical guidance for restructuring professionals. Fully updated since the last edition in 2013, it includes several entirely new chapters, with in-depth coverage and analysis including:
- overviews of the current market;
- a focus on topical sectors including retail and offshore/shipping;
- analysis of legal regimes in France, the US and Spain;
- examination of key themes such as distressed M&A and the restructuring of pensions obligations; and
- an exclusive retrospective from the architects of the Lehman Brothers restructuring – the case which has done more than any other to shape the restructuring market over the last 10 years.
This comprehensive publication makes required reading for private practice lawyers, insolvency practitioners, financial advisory and turnaround professionals, investment professionals and in-house lawyers alike